Posted 21st September 2023
Role: Sales Account Manager
Package: From £18,000 base + uncapped commission. OTE £25,000
Hours: Full time (39 hours per week)
West Hull Community Radio Ltd (WHCR) operates the not-for-profit community radio station licensed by Ofcom for the West Hull area. Broadcasting as West Hull FM, the station transmits on 106.9 FM across the City of Hull, Beverley and other parts of East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. We also broadcast worldwide via the website and apps such as Tune-In Radio.
In 2022 together with partner Nation Radio as Hull DAB Ltd, we won the franchise to operate the local SS-DAB multiplex in the area and hope to begin digital radio broadcasts during early 2024.
WHCR operates under ‘key commitments’ that include having a local focus and bringing tangible benefit to our local community. We encourage all members of the community irrespective of age or background to get involved. We also broadcast from local events and supporting similar organisations.
In early 2023 WHCR moved into new studios situated next to the Springhead Park Golf club on Willerby Road, and is run by around 30 volunteers including two directors.
Operating revenue comes primarily the sale of radio airtime as either sponsorship or advertising packages. To date sales has been an ad-hoc process, with several volunteers finding clients from within their contacts or by approaching local businesses.
We are now seeking to grow the commercial business to support our desire to increase the visibility and community footprint of the station. We also plan to increase our training capability, allowing more people to gain transferable skills in media production and presentation.
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for generating net-new business and maintaining existing client relationships to meet agreed sales targets.
The position is based out of the Hull area, and candidates must live within a reasonable commute of the city. Your own transport would be an advantage to visit prospects and clients in the area. It is expected that there will be a balance of home working and working from our office dictated by the needs of the role.
KEY JOB TASKS
- Identify net-new sales opportunities to sell airtime – this will be from your own mix of cold calling and outreach by email, social platforms such as LinkedIn, or any other method that is deemed appropriate.
- Meet with clients both virtually and face to face to discuss the benefits of working with West Hull FM
- Prepare meeting follow up documentation, product presentations and quotations as required customer in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Meet agreed sales targets, maintaining a sales pipeline and customer records.
- Provide weekly forecast and sales activity to the directors.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to at least GCSE (or equivalent) standard.
- Previous sales experience, preferably with a media or advertising role
- Ability to achieve sales targets and evidence of exceeding or satisfactory achievement of previous targets.
- Confident, professional, and friendly telephone manner.
- Time management and organisation skills.
- Ability to work effectively using own initiative.
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Office.
- Strong personal motivation
- Ability to work alone for much of the time, our office/studio is not regularly staffed.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills, able to operate effectively at all levels.
- Results orientated, dynamic, determined, and eager for responsibility and accountability.
- Base salary and uncapped commission, with expected On Target Earnings (OTE) up to £25,000 in year 1.
- 28 days paid leave (or prorate FTE)
- Flexible working hours and location.
- We provide the tools of the trade, such as a laptop computer, mobile phone, and expensed travel for work related trips and subsistence costs.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to [email protected] There will be a 2-stage interview process, and the position is required to be filled ASAP.
Agencies must first agree terms before submitting candidates.